While on retreat we aim to create a peaceful atmosphere, free from distraction, that is conducive to deepening practice. We will ask you to help us maintain this environment in several ways. If any of these will be problematic for you, please contact us before you book.
- We ask all attendees to turn off (not just on flight mode) mobile phones and other similar devices. If someone might need to contact you in an emergency, we can provide you with the retreat leader's phone number.
- Vijayaloka is a meat, smoke, drug and alcohol free retreat centre. Please do not bring any meat, fish, alcohol or drugs. If you need to smoke, please do so well away from the retreat centre.
- To support an atmosphere of stillness and contentment for yourself and other retreatants, we ask you to abstain from all forms of sexual activity while you on retreat.
Your Welfare & Safety
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable time on retreat with us. If any of the following applies, please contact us before you book so that we can make sure we will be able to accomodate you in the best way possible:
- You have any physical, emotional or mental health difficulties that may affect your participation in the retreat, especially if you are on medication or currently seeing a psychiatrist, or you will be unable to share a room.
- You have any dietary requirements other than being gluten free or a nut allergy.
- You are under 18 years old.
- There is anything else we may need to be aware of to ensure you get the most out of your retreat experience.